Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's been two years!

It's been two years since I started working, and honestly, I never thought I'd last this long... in one company. Time flies so fast, or so they say. Two years ago, I was ready to job hop, just like my other friends, in a personal quest to find the right place for me. But fortunately, I landed in a very good company. This has saved me all the time and effort of re-applying and looking for a nice job. This is not to say that I've gotten my dream job. I have not. But this is nice.

I look at my work now as more of a stepping stone, a breeding ground of sorts where great people are made. I am learning so much here, and surprisingly, having fun. I love it that I learn new things everyday.... some of them from my mistakes, and some of them I just stumbled upon.

Perhaps it's only now that I have adjusted to everything. I love my friends at work - they are really great. If there was one factor that I think was detrimental to how I stand to work now, it would be my friends - the same people who have liven up my days in the corporate world. I'm also very fortunate to have such good mentors whom I also consider my friends. I think they're doing a very good job in educating me and training me to become good in my craft. At this point, my mentors are being able to bring out the best in me - I am so motivated to prove my worth.

Tomorrow is another day.