Tuesday, August 07, 2007

doin' that thing you do

I just have to say that right now, it sucks to be me. There are things that I don't want to do but must do to keep things in order. I've spoken with several people and they all said the same thing. If you want change, you have to instigate change. And for certain people, there are certain degrees of responsibility. I know that I have to step up and own it, to play the role. It's just so freakin' hard to let it out. At one point, I want to be truthful... but I also don't want to hurt. I know what I should do, I just don't know how to do it. I also don't want it to feel like a task that's imposed on me.

How do you cite the cold facts, call out underperformance, and in the same way try to lift a soul that you know is unhappy? It's not easy to go down on someone and afterwards, say everything will be alright. Life is unfair and sometimes, when you make mistakes, you need someone to point it out to you just so you know. It's for your own improvement and I hope that after this you come out a better person.

It's like when you squeeze a calamansi over a wounded nipple, sprinkle a little salt and cover it with band aid. Then when you think the nipple has healed, yank off the band aid.

Jeeeeezaz! The last two sentences aren't totally connected to the whole thought of this post.