Tuesday, December 04, 2007

pure shores

I like surprises. I like being uncertain. And that's probably the reason why I don't have a definite answer when people ask me how I see myself in the future. The future is as soon as tomorrow and I like not knowing what's gonna happen. Maybe tomorrow, my day would go like it did today... or maybe not. Maybe tomorrow I'll do a good job like I did today or not. Maybe I'll meet a few interesting people or maybe I won't.

I guess I'm at a phase where I don't really want to think about things. I don't want to make plans... I just wanna go where life takes me. I don't worry too much about fame or fortune, I know I can excel in whatever I want to do given that I commit myself to it. When I think about it, I realize that it's not really about getting rich or gaining recognition... it's probably just about being steady and feeling happy.

A few months ago (or years - there really isn't much difference), I would've been able describe how I want my future quite concretely... what I'm doing, where I live. I just seem to forget now. All I can come up with are general terms - success, happiness, fulfillment. How to achieve those, I don't really know. Success can be so many things in so many ways. Success in what exactly? I don't know. Probably success in life - collective of everything else that makes me happy.

Don't wonder why I'm getting all too sentimental about this. Whaddya know? I just came from the beach.