Monday, August 16, 2010

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.

Just as I can't believe last year that I've been working for five years, I can't believe that I'm now working for six! Time flies so fast (ohmahgad this means I'm turning 30 soon). I'm not even sure if I've come a long way because it doesn't feel like it. Is it really that fast? I still remember my first day at work and it seems like it's only about a month or so ago.  Because I had too much time staring at the hospital ceiling over the weekend, I thought about what has changed and what hasn't.  Here's the thing: a lot has changed around me like pay, position, responsibilities and stuff, but I don't think I've changed. I'm still the same, immature young adult who was once nervous about being late on her first day at work because she couldn't remember which building her new office is in.

YOUNG ADULTS in psychology, according to Wikipedia, are persons 20 - 40 years old. See, we're all young adults, then. Hahahaha!

Cheers to age which does not equate to maturity. :)

Here's something from 6 years ago. (Credits to @tigrluna for digging up this photo and posting it on my FB wall! dammyou prez!)

Black and orange Nokia 8310 = check. Nike Prestos = check. Light blue Pierre Marie slacks (???!) = Check. Backpack = check. Arneo Parking Lot = check. So early 2000s! I'm probably listening to Incubus.


WAIT. A. MINUTE. I did change. Putek yaaaaaaaaaaaan!