Thursday, September 09, 2010

Ego Surfing / Vanity Searching

Love the new Google Instant feature where they deployed the alphabet coding scheme. Why? Because Google knows me! That's aside from 'optimizing the search experience,' of course. Haha, sound bite.



The other engines don't know me yet, but soon they will. Because in the natural order of the universe, everyone else just follows Google.




But inspite of that, I go to Bing everyday not just to search but to admire the photography. I don't really care that it doesn't know me because I go there for research, not for vanity and ego surfing. Except today, when I wanted to make a comparison on the Instant features. Promise. *Nose grows longer.



And Bing has something that Google and Yahoo don't have: Page previews. When you hover beside the links, it will give you a brief summary of the page to save you the trouble of actually loading it only to find out that it's not what you're looking for. (Click on the photo to enlarge)




And that ends my little experiment for the day.