Tuesday, December 28, 2010

'Tis the Season of Theme Parties


Hippie Holiday: 70s Flower Power
We've always had theme parties in the office so it's a given for people to take it seriously. Every year, there are cash prizes and guessing games. For this year's 70's party, I came as Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. I thought I could pull off the look without having to make an effort in putting the costume together so I wore stuff that I already had in my closet. Another thing, very few are familiar with Stevie Nicks so I actually had the option to come as I please. Hehe.

But in fairness to me, I did have a peg of the Stevie look:


Me (didn't do the floral hair arrangement lest I look drag and decided against the knitted beanie because I'm not in Europe):
Our Chairman and CEO channeling Michael Jackson in his pre-surgery days.
Spotted: Freddie Aguilar partying w/ his high profile barkada -
Blondie, Jimi Hendrix, Telly Savalas, Yoko Ono, Stevie Nicks,
Michelle Philips and Janis Joplin - at a famous Makati joint.

Kings of Neon
For our barkada party, I came up with the NEON theme for two reasons: First, I want a really colorful Facebook album now that I'm posting photos again; and second, because I wanna use the title Kings of Neon (a derivative of my favorite pop rock band Kings of Leon).  And what a fun theme it was! I didn't think my friends would take it seriously but when we started giving false promises of cash prizes, they fell for it! I think everyone knew the prize was a bluff but the penalty for not being in costume (P 500) was for real. Haha.
    
So aside from Christmas lights, we used glow sticks and laser stage lighting to set the mood, and my glowing, flashing, lighted shot glasses (I had three of them but went home with none - silly friends took them home with Patron residue. did.not.wash.).

Party Lights that dance to the beat of the music.
Neonnntastic glowing glass filled with anything we could get our hands on (Patron, Bacardi... name it!)

Hmmm so if it were an event (and actually, it was - in terms of the scale of preparation), what are the specs? 14 people. Hahaha! All the effort for 14 friggin' people. That's what you call Labor of Love Love Love. And just plain, pointless craziness :)

Spotted: Barracudas getting sloshed in neon drag. Somewhere in Pasig.
How serious was it, really? One of us had his shirt customized for this 'event.' :)