Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Day 5: "My body feels young but my mind is very old."

Day 5: A song to match your mood

(Note: Because I feel like it, I'm continuing the 30-day blogger challenge I started in August 2011. Here's my second attempt at finishing it!)
 

One day, I'm gonna leave this planet
You know I'd stay but I just can't stand it and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
One day, I'm gonna leave my spirit
I'll find me a hole and I will live in it and
I can feel the warning signs running around my mind
Half the World Away, Oasis
 
 
Hmmm. I haven't been in the best mood lately. I can be my usual happy self on the exterior and that's because I really don't want to pull anyone down with me. I try to sort things out by myself with the help of some friends who would lend their ears and listen to what I have to say.
 
I'm actually not sure about what it is that weighs me down, I just know there's something.  I've been needing more trips to the beach lately. I just want to be near the water so I can smell the sea, breathe fresh hair, look at the sky and get some peace and calm. It also helps that I'm surrounded by friends. When we're talking silly and laughing our hearts out, I feel great. When we talk serious and they listen to me, I feel genuine concern.
 
Of course, those trips eventually end and we get sucked again into the monotony that is everyday life. Then we go live on the surface and try really hard to trick our minds and look okay.  There are times when we forget, but when we remember, it kind of feels twice heavy.  Then there are people you hang with, who call themselves your "friend/s", who expect you to listen to them but not listen to you.  It's okay because when I call myself a friend, I listen. 

THEN AGAIN, it could be my hormones writing.
 
I think this song comes pretty close to articulating my mood. The lyrics are quite self-explanatory.
 
 
>>>>>>>>>