Monday, March 17, 2008

stellar

I thought I lost my love for Incubus already... but when I first heard the riffs, it all came back to me. hello. you had me at hello!!! Ethereal...

Late post, I know, but still can't get over it! Haha... Looking back, I think I enjoyed the Incubus concert here more than I did Maroon 5. Well, I mean, Maroon 5 was really good (as you may have read from my previous post) but I was in a perpetual state of trance the whole time... I was there but I wasn't really 'there'. Incubus is really better seen live - the energy, the people. Whereas Adam amused the crowd with his counting in Filipino, saying mahal kita and all that, Incubus didn't even exert the effort to make themselves endearing to the crowd (no Filipino words learned whatsoever), they just were. No talkies here. They just went from song to song to song to song...

And in comparison, Brandon Boyd really can sing! Adam Levine sounds effeminate now and I wonder why I hadn't noticed before that he sounded weird. Highlights of the concert for me (aside from when Brandon took his shirt and then his undershirt off) were when the crowd went wild with Megalomaniac (the floor vibrated because everyone jumped), when they did Oil and Water (one of my faves from Light Grenades), of course, the classics Dirve, Nice to Know You, Vitamin (my ring tone forever!), and Wish You Were Here... we also enjoyed the jam on Sick Sad Little World, Circles

My favorite part was Stellar (beginning of the encore). The stadium was dark (duh) and the lights projected stars onto the audience, the roof... everywhere. It was like a rock song on prom night. I wasn't able to take photos or videos when they were doing that song... we just kept quiet and took it all in. Lurve.

I actually resent that they didn't play some of the hits like Pardon Me and A Certain Shade of Green (reminiscent of my angsty highschool life), Are You In (trippin' in college. no dude, not that kind of 'trip') and Dig (the song that brought me back to them in 2006 so to speak hehe).


But they did sing my favorite Incubus sing-along song - Talk Shows on Mute! Uploaded the video capture, see below. Mems.

Come one, come all... into 1984. If you haven't heard it, suggest you listen to it and read between the lines. Look up the lyrics in Google.






Wish You Were Here


I dig my toes into the sand

The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds

Strewn across a blue blanket

I lean against the wind

Pretend that I am weightless

And in this moment I am happy...happy