Thursday, June 18, 2009

The World's Highest-Paid Athletes 2009

I deeply regret not forcing myself to develop skills and specialize on a specific sport when I was younger! My parents tried (in vain) to find my hidden talent but I was too lazy, I guess. If I only had a good grasp of the possibilities when I was 2...

I envy these people who wouldn't have to wake up for the morning commute which is all the more made inconvenient because of Skyway Construction Phase 2.

Forbes: Pacquiao world's 6th highest-paid athlete

MANILA, Philippines -- Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao made it to Forbes magazine's list of highest-paid athletes in the world, tying for the sixth spot with basketball phenom Lebron James and golfer Phil Mickelson.

According to Forbes, Pacquiao is the highest-ranking among four newcomers to the list, raking in a total of $40 million in the past 12 months. The boxing star is among the eight non-Americans on the list, which had golf icon Tiger Woods ($110 million) at the top.

The Top 20 Highest Paid Athletes:

1. Tiger Woods (Golf) - S110 million
2. Kobe Bryant (Basketball) - $45 million
(Tie) Michael Jordan (Basketball) - $45 million
(Tie) Kimi Raikkonen (Formula One) - $45 million
5. David Beckham (Football) - $42 million
6. Lebron James (Basketball) - $40 million
(Tie) Phil Mickelson (Golf) - $40 million
(Tie) Manny Pacquiao (Boxing) - $40 million
9. Valentino Rossi (MotoGP) - $35 million
10. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (NASCAR) - $34 million
11. Roger Federer (Tennis) - $33 million
(Tie) Shaquille O' Neal (Basketball) - $33 million
13. Oscar De La Hoya (Boxing) - $32 million
(Tie) Lewis Hamilton (Formula One) $32 million
(Tie) Alex Rodriguez (Baseball) - $32 million
16. Vijay Singh (Golf) - $31 million
17. Kevin Garnett (Basketball) - $30 million
(Tie) Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) - $30 million
(Tie) Derek Jeter (Baseball) - $30 million
(Tie) Ronaldhino (Football) - $30 million


Then again... they're all MEN. So maybe it really wasn't meant to be. haha