Saturday, September 27, 2008

at least something nice happened this week

We are the champions, my friend!




And it feels so good! :-)

I love Chris Tiu and Rabeh, they carried the team on their shoulders and brought us to this championship but my favorite Eagle for this one is Nonoy Baclao. Sabi nga niya nung minsang nasupalpal niya si Maierhoffer, "astiiiiiiiiiig!!!"


You know when you've had a bad week (or bad couple of weeks) and you just wished something would happen to lift up your spirits? Well, well, well... this did it! I'm just so proud to be a part of the Ateneo community but it's not just because we are the champions. Even if we didn't win, which happened a lot, I'll always be proud to be an Atenean because of the seal of excellence that's attached to it. We deserve that. We earned that after four or so years of hardwork. Now that we're 'down from the hill' everybody expects a lot from Ateneo Alumni and we ought to prove ourselves everytime. It can be flattering sometimes but a lot of times it can be daunting as well. We have to live up to the name of our school and do it also for the many others who have upheld the the standards of excellence. And so far, I'd like to think that we haven't disappointed anyone yet. But ourselves (hahahahaha!). I will not get started on this.

Let's just celebrate!!! :-)